Monday, August 8, 2011

Red and gold nail stamping

My next attempt at stamping involved a little more pizzaz.

I used the following colors: a mystery brand in Rock-On Red as my base color, a mixture of Revlon Top Speed in Reddy and Revlon Cherries in the Snow for stamping, Nicole by OPI top coat, and L.A. Colors Art Deco in a fine gold glitter for detailing.  I picked the gold up at Dollar Tree for a dollar!

IMG_0669

The results were like so:

Red and gold

And here's one with flash so you can see the stamping.  I stamped with Bundle Monster plate BM10 (which I got as a single plate on eBay to test out the Bundle Monster plates before I committed to the set).

Red and gold

The gold tips were inspired by Jessie J's nails at the 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards, as seen here.

Although the results of the stamping were very subtle and definitely not noticeable from any distance at all, I really liked the fact that it added texture as opposed to color.

No comments:

Post a Comment